[Bioperl-l] extracting coding sequence from BLAST

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Fri Apr 13 20:47:50 UTC 2007

Hi -

There are some tools that do this for you -- I've listed a few from a
google search or from what I remember reading.  It would be great If
you (and others!) are willing to contribute a little of the info of
what you find that works for you to the wiki, that would be great as
well.   A little HOWTO would be cool - here or on openwetware.org.

Prot4EST http://zeldia.cap.ed.ac.uk/bioinformatics/prot4EST/index.shtml
EST-PAC:  doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1751-0473-1-2

Ewan Birney's estwise as part of wise package also can help if you
have a likely protein from BLAST you want to align to the est -
estwise can handle frameshifts, but can be too slow for some people.
Exonerate's protein2dna model may also work here, but I haven't tried
it.

-jason