[Bioperl-l] blastall problem

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 5 23:32:55 UTC 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 4:09 PM, DeeGee wrote:

> Thanks again, Torsten. I tried (die "could not get seq" if not defined
> $queryin;) as you suggested, and now I get the following error
> message:
>
> Software error:
> could not get seq at /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/remote_ncbi.pl line 50.
>
> Does this mean that next_seq() method in 'my $queryin =
> $Seq_in->next_seq();' has some problem? How can I fix it? I would
> appreciate
> your help.
> Cheers!

This indicates there is likely some problem with your sequence file
(either it isn't fasta or something else is wrong), but w/o actually
seeing it we can't be sure.  I can't be sure but I don't think it is
a next_seq() issue.  Also, if there are problems accessing the file
the stream object should throw an error so I don't think it is that
either...

chris