[Bioperl-l] Packaging bioperl for Fedora

Stéphane Téletchéa steletch at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Apr 3 12:28:39 UTC 2007

Alex Lancaster a écrit :
> Hello bioperl,
>
> I'm new to the bioperl world, having just started a research position
> in which I need to manage a large bioperl-based codebase.  To this
> end, I'm working on packaging bioperl as an official Fedora Package
> (formerly "Fedora Extras") and I'm currently wading through and
> packaging the long laundry list of Perl dependencies (then I'm going
> to try and do the same for biopython).  You can see my some of my
> progress (including links to the reviews) here:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AlexLancaster
>
> Several issues have arisen during the packaging that I hope the

Nice, i was on my way to do it :-)
I'm a Mandriva packager and have been kindly "spushed" for maintaining
the bioperl package for Mandriva.

You can have a look at the work already done by Mandriva at the addresses:
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/perl-bioperl/current/
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/perl-bioperl-run/current/

(Happy users of Mandriva do 'urpmi perl-bioperl, et voilà :-).

Feel free to contact me if you need more input for dependencies, since
they are quite a lot.

Cheers,
Stéphane

--