[Bioperl-l] Package status for 1.5.2

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Sep 25 18:21:17 UTC 2006

Sendu Bala wrote:
> To what extent do we want a unified release for all the various
> packages? As I see it, here is the current status:
>
> Core
> ----
> P1 and P2 bugs remain in bugzilla, but nothing that need prevent the
> release. These only need to be resolved before 1.6.
>
> Test suite passes satisfactorily, though see
> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Release_1.5.2 for some minor issues (again,
> nothing that prevents release).
>
> Installation issues (ie. PPM, Windows) are being investigated by Nathan
> and Chris. Are they serious enough to prevent release? (Minimal Perl
> version will be 5.6.1)
>
> Conclusion: ok to be tagged bioperl-release-1-5-2-rc1 and released for
> testing.

Sorry, I had forgotten about the Bio::DB::SeqFeature failures on Windows
which need to be resolved before an RC is worth releasing. I've pushed
back RC1 release date to October 2nd; hopefully we can resolve the issue.

It will also give me time to resolve the bioperl-run problems that I
see, so I can do a unified release.