[Bioperl-l] New Bioperl minimum Perl version -- 5.6.1 or 5.8 ?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sun Sep 24 04:36:14 UTC 2006

Agreed.  There are classes in Bioperl that no longer support versions
older than 5.6.1 (FTLocationFactory, for instance), so that's the
minimum.  We could always require 5.6.1 but recommend 5.8 or higher,
but I can't think of any that absolutely require v. 5.8.  If so, we
can always follow Hilmar's suggestion.

We also should change the INSTALL and the wiki docs to reflect this.

Chris