[Bioperl-l] Bio::Location::Split question

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 21 20:43:27 UTC 2006

Hilmar,

Here's a question which I can't quite find the answer for.  The current
behavior of Bio::Location::Split is to propagate strand information (using
$loc->strand()) for a Split location object to the various sublocations it
contains.  In other words, it isn't just a get/set, but has a direct effect
on the sublocation objects and assumes that all sublocations have the same
strand as the Split location container object.  Would you know of any
rationale for this?

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry