[Bioperl-l] Optional 'circular dependency' ok?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Wed Sep 20 15:19:54 UTC 2006

My view is that fringe dependencies (as defined by those imposed
solely by fringe modules) don't have to be listed in Makefile.PL and
instead may just be documented in the module itself.

The reason is that I think there is a balance that needs to be struck
between easing the installation of a 'running' version of Bioperl by
minimizing the attention necessary for installing dependencies on one
hand, and not needlessly cluttering people's machines with software
that will never get used on the other hand.

	-hilmar