[Bioperl-l] Conversion of EMBL format flat file to GFF format flatfile

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 20 15:08:16 UTC 2006

It depends on what version of GFF you want.  I have only seen GenBank to
GFF; you could probably convert EMBL->GenBank->GFF.  If so I would recommend
updating your local bioperl installation from CVS to deal with recent
changes to the EMBL and GenBank SeqIO modules which makes them a bit more
compatible with one another.

Here are some scripts, which can also be found in the scripts directory when
you download the full bioperl core distribution.

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Bioperl_scripts#Bio::DB::GFF

Just a warning: I think Lincoln and Scott are both working in having better
GFF3 integration with Bioperl.  Hopefully he or Scott Cain will also answer
this post to get you up-to-date, and maybe offer a few extra suggestions.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign