[Bioperl-l] sequence object with no sequence data

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Wed Sep 13 13:39:02 UTC 2006

Interesting. No, you can't - length and also feature positions are
measured in basepairs.

Having said that, I'm not sure off the top of my head at which places
and whether at all it is checked that the positions are actually
integers. So, so long as you make sure that you never ask the system
for translating to basepair coordinates, providing cM could be worth
a try if you're in an adventurous mood. I.e., make the length long
enough that your highest cM number is still lower, and never ask for
subsequences. Also, the system may check that for features the start
is greater or equal to 1, so you may have to translate the
coordinates by adding 1 if some of your markers are at <1cM.

	-hilmar