[Bioperl-l] Test::Simple now in Bioperl

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 11 17:21:50 UTC 2006

I have added Test::Simple to t/lib in bioperl-live for those who want to use
Test::Simple or Test::More for tests.  This will give us a little more
flexibility, especially when we only want to run some tests but not others.

Very likely everyone has it already installed (if you have perl v5.8 it is
included with the core distribution), but this allows the few of those out
there running various perl v.5.6 versions w/o Test::Simple to still run
tests.  Test.pm will also likely be moved to t/lib in the future; according
to Michael Schwern (maintainer for Test::Simple) CPAN may index any modules
in the test directory but will not index those in t/lib.

I have also added new tests which use Test::More (EUtilities.t) and changed
Location.t and LocationFactory.t over to using Test::More.  I also may move
other tests over gradually, especially those modules which rely on remote
servers.

Chris

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab