[Bioperl-l] Blast temporary open files not closed

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sun Sep 10 16:40:36 UTC 2006

On Sep 10, 2006, at 12:33 PM, ende wrote:

> I remain a bit confused but it seems as you say that things don't
> work as they should.

I wasn't saying that they don't work as they should - I was only
saying that they don't necessarily work as *you* think they should.

There were most certainly reasons behind the implementation that may
not concern you but do concern others. Bioperl needs to serve a
variety of requirements and won't be optimized (but should still
work!) for everybody's application.

Great to hear that you got your issue fixed though.

	-hilmar