[Bioperl-l] test::more template

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 19 17:26:45 UTC 2006

> Just wrote a partial and small test script for t/Amap.t in bioperl-run.
> When I run "perl -I. t/Amap.t" I get the following output:
> 1..10
> ok 1 - use Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::Amap;
> ok 2 - use Bio::AlignIO;
> ok 3 - use Bio::SeqIO;
> ok 4 - use Bio::Root::IO;
> ok 5 - All the required modules are present
> ok 6 - new() returned something
> ok 7 -   and its the right class
> not ok 8 - executable() got the correct filename
> #   Failed test 'executable() got the correct filename'
> #   in t/Amap.t at line 90.
> #          got: undef
> #     expected: 'filename'
> ok 9 # skip Got incorrect filename for executable
> ok 10 # skip Got incorrect filename for executable
> # Looks like you failed 1 test of 10.
>

> So far this looks good (well, that it's failing passing expected tests).
> However, when i run "make test" the output is unexpected and I don't know
> why. It seems to die and produce the results of the testing before the
> rest of the test suit is run:
> t/Amap....................NOK 8
> #   Failed test 'executable() got the correct filename'
> #   in t/Amap.t at line 90.
> #          got: undef
> #     expected: 'filename'
> # Looks like you failed 1 test of 10.
> t/Amap....................dubious
>         Test returned status 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
> DIED. FAILED test 8
>         Failed 1/10 tests, 90.00% okay (less 2 skipped tests: 7 okay,
> 70.00%)
> t/Analysis_soap...........ok 7/17make: *** wait: No child processes.
> Stop.
>

> Is there something I'm missing?? If it's something less obvious, let me
> know and i'll post whole test file.
> Nath

Well, Analysis_soap.t ran immediately after, so Amap.t tests shouldn't be
the problem.  The only issue I can think of is that Test::More TODO blocks
require a newer version of Test::Harness (which most users have anyway).
Are you using a TODO block?

You can send me Amap.t and I'll give it a try, but I can't promise I'll get
to it immediately (busy day).

Chris

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab