[Bioperl-l] BioPerl Deobfuscator updated

Phillip San Miguel pmiguel at purdue.edu
Fri Oct 6 15:06:56 UTC 2006

David Messina wrote:
> Thanks so much, Phillip, for taking the time to check out the new
> version and send your comments. I really appreciate it! I've added
> them to the wiki page so I can track them.
>
> Best,
> Dave

Dave,
    No problem.
    I've just added a "keyword" to search BioPerl Deobfuscator to my
Firefox browser. That way I can just type "deob qual" in my URL bar in
firefox and the browser jumps directly to BioPerl Deobfuscator (like a
bookmark) but it pre-submits the search item "qual".
    I heard about the Firefox "keywords" in a TWiT/FLOSS episode on
mozilla. You just go to any search page and right-click in the search
box of interest and one of the choices is "Add a Keyword for this
Search". Then you just have to fill out "Name" and "Keyword" fields and
drop the keyword into whatever folder you like. The "Keyword" then
becomes the word to invoke that search with parameters that follow it
when it is typed into the URL bar.
Phillip