[Bioperl-l] Do we need Bio::Root::Object anymore?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 2 20:52:11 UTC 2006

I have updated the Deprecation page with the Bio::Root::* modules that we
plan on deprecating (note that I have them being removed for rel. 1.5.2).  I
have left out Bio::Root::Storable for now based on Will's response.

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Deprecated_modules

I'll update the DEPRECATED doc in CVS as well.  There is a tentative
schedule for when warnings are added for modules before they are removed.

In relation to the recent trend for house-cleaning, I noticed that all of
the Bio::Tools::BP* BLAST-related modules all are still present but haven't
been modified or had deprecation warnings added.  BPLite was marked for
deprecation around rel 1.5 since the functionality is present in
Bio::SearchIO, as well as the others.  Judging by the mail list, no one has
used these in quite a while, and everyone has been redirected to use
Bio::SearchIO instead.  Based on that I have added warnings in CVS for
deprecation to BPlite and the related modules BPpsilite and BPbl2seq.

Chris

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry