[Bioperl-l] Failure to compile the CVS snapshot of bioperl-ext on AMD64

Florin Iucha florin at iucha.net
Mon Oct 2 12:15:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 11:52:47AM +0100, Sendu Bala wrote:
> Florin Iucha wrote:
> > I am trying to install bioperl-network from CVS.  I found this to
> > require bioperl from CVS, which requires bioperl-ext from CVS.
>
> I can't help with the compile problems you encountered (other than to
> say I also have problems under AMD64), but from where did you get the
> idea that bioperl (live/core) requires bioperl-ext? It doesn't, though
> recent changes to Makefile.PL may give that impression...

Running the tests for bioperl-live mention in some places that 'this
test has been skipped since $foo is not available' and I found the
'foos' in bioperl-ext.

florin

--
If we wish to count lines of code, we should not regard them as lines
produced but as lines spent.                       -- Edsger Dijkstra