[Bioperl-l] Should Bio::Tools::BPlite be deprecated?

Brian Osborne bosborne11 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 16 18:25:14 UTC 2006

Sendu,

I just made a commit that makes Bio::Index::Blast use SearchIO instead of
BPlite. The BlastIndex.t test is giving a few warnings so I need to take a
look at that but all tests are passing.

An awful lot of work has gone into the SearchIO system, for more on why its
approach is deemed to be superior in the context of Bioperl see the SearchIO
HOWTO. One key feature of this upcoming release is an emphasis on removing
extraneous modules, I think it's safe to say that BPlite has been considered
extraneous for a number of years now.

Brian O.