[Bioperl-l] release timetable

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Thu Nov 30 07:50:06 UTC 2006

Hilmar Lapp wrote:
> Sendu -
>
> what is the timetable in your mind for getting the release out? The
> NESCent phyloinformatics hackathon is impending and if at all possible
> I'd really like to see the release be out of the way when it starts so
> that all new code can simply go the main trunk and has no chance of
> interfering with the release.

I'm going to do one final merge from HEAD to branch-1-5-2 and then set
the final release tags later today, so a) anything done at the hackathon
won't make any difference, and b) the release should go out soon.

The release will go ahead when I've sorted out the Windows PPM and the
Change Log (neither of which require code changes on the branch).

On this schedule I won't be able to implement Conrad's pre-req
installation order in Build.PL since that would require a substantial
change to ModuleBuildBioperl.pm and another RC. I'll do that after
release so that 1.5.3 benefits.