[Bioperl-l] Bioperl 1.5.2 RC5

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Fri Nov 24 08:56:15 UTC 2006

Bioperl 1.5.2 Release Candidate 5 is ready and available for testing.
See http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Release_1.5.2 for
instructions on getting and testing this RC.

Everyone:
   Even though 1.5.2 is a 'developer' release, we consider it the most
   stable and capable version of Bioperl, and recommend that you use
   it in all but the most critical production environments. Please
   try it out and let us know of any problems or difficulties you run
   into.

   Please try the new Build.PL installation script and report back how
   you get on. Also try installing using CPAN. Your CPAN mirrors may
   not be current enough, so you may have delete all entries in your
   urllist first.

Developers:
   Please experiment with installation, especially via CPAN. If you
   already have all/most prerequisite external modules installed,
   try uninstalling some and report how effective the system is at
   reinstalling them for you.

   RC5 may form the final release for some of the packages (probably
   all except for bioperl-run), so any further commits made, even to
   branch-1-5-2, may not make final release. If you think you've
   committed an important bug fix that should be part of final release,
   let me know.

Thank you,
Sendu.

PS. What happened to RC4? I didn't announce it, but it was available on
CPAN where I did some testing on it.