[Bioperl-l] Please do not commit without testing

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Fri Nov 24 07:54:19 UTC 2006

Chris Fields wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2006, at 4:36 PM, Sendu Bala wrote:
>
>> It /is/ in the INSTALL docs. See the 'THE TEST SYSTEM' section. (It's
>> also on the wiki version of same.)
>
> Okay, but I find the Windows page hasn't been updated (still shows
> nmake).  Everything needs to be changed, not just the UNIX pages

I don't know what to say for the windows docs. I can't even get

perl -V

to work on my Windows machine:

&Config::AUTOLOAD failed on Config::launcher at C:/Perl/lib/Config.pm
line 72.

The Build.PL scripts fails similarly:
&Config::AUTOLOAD failed on Config::launcher at C:/Perl/lib/Config.pm
line 72.
&Config::AUTOLOAD failed on Config::launcher at C:/Perl/lib/Config.pm
line 72.
&Config::AUTOLOAD failed on Config::launcher at C:/Perl/lib/Config.pm
line 72.
&Config::AUTOLOAD failed on Config::launcher at C:/Perl/lib/Config.pm
line 72.
Can't locate the perl binary used to run this script in (C:\Perl\bin
C:\Perl\bin
  C:\Perl\bin . C:\Program Files\ActiveState Komodo 3.5 C:\Perl\bin
C:\WINDOWS\sy
stem32 C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem C:\Program Files\ATI
Technologies\ATI
.ACE)

I took it that you had no problems? Should I just make the Windows docs
similar to the Unix ones? (Or can you do the appropriate update?)