[Bioperl-l] Please do not commit without testing

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 23 22:23:12 UTC 2006

On Nov 23, 2006, at 4:07 PM, Sendu Bala wrote:

> Chris Fields wrote:
> [snip]
>> However, the various changes using Module::Build need to be well-
>> documented both in CVS docs and on the wiki.  Your latter example
>> ('./Build test --test_files t/test.t --verbose') is nowhere to be
>> found.
>
> I posted to the list about it on the 17th in thread 'Testing with
> Build.PL'. Where would you suggest a good place on the wiki would
> be to mention something like that?

The mail list isn't the best place to document this; very few people
(including developers) will take the time to go back digging through
old posts except as a last resort.  Hence these need to be well-
documented AND easily accessible.  Relevant changes need to be made
everywhere that testing or using make/nmake is mentioned in CVS or
the wiki.  For the testing case I raised, maybe adding something to
the various INSTALL docs and the FAQ would be a good start.

chris

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher
Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer