[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db question

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon Nov 20 21:33:50 UTC 2006

On Nov 20, 2006, at 3:19 PM, Chris Fields wrote:

> Try changing the driver to all lower case (i.e. from 'Oracle' to
> 'oracle').

This can in fact be harmful. The driver-specific code is loaded from
files or directories named after the driver. On case-sensitive file
systems, changing the case will render those files inaccessible.

> Also, the schema_sql is still set to the mysql schema (not
> oracle).  That
> shouldn't make a difference, but you never know.

It doesn't make a difference if the schema instance exists already
(and I wouldn't recommend anything else).

	-hilmar