[Bioperl-l] No more Makefile.PL (MakeMaker -> Module::Build)

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Thu Nov 16 11:35:25 UTC 2006

Chris Fields wrote:
> I see that there is a PPMMaker module with Module::Build, so we'll have to
> look into that for WinXP PPMs..

Nathan, does:

perl Build.PL
./Build ppmdist

create anything useful? For me it generates a tar.gz containing blib,
and a ppd file (the contents of which can be adjusted by supplying "an
optional argument codebase which is used in the generated ppd file to
specify the (usually relative) URL of the distribution. By default, this
value is the distribution name without any path information", eg.
./Build ppmdist --codebase "MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/Bioperl....tar.gz").

Is this PPM4 format? What else needs to be done to it to make it
suitable? I can easily extend the ppmdist action to do whatever you
want, so let me know.