[Bioperl-l] "progress": useful changes vs. "shiny new thingie"

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Wed Nov 15 23:57:14 UTC 2006

Brian Osborne wrote:
> Sendu,
>
> This is not right. I just removed all the build stuff, Makefile* and Build*,
> and did an update. There's no Makefile.PL, it's not part of the
> distribution, there is Build.PL.

As I mentioned in the other thread, Makefile.PL isn't in CVS, but it
will be generated and included in distributions (ie. in .tar.gz file
that you download from the website or via CPAN).

As a CVS user you can generate one for yourself by:
perl Build.PL
./Build manifest
./Build distmeta

You should now have Makefile.PL on which you can do the usual stuff:
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install