[Bioperl-l] Inheritance Bio::Map::Physical

Keith Anthony Boroevich kaboroev at sfu.ca
Fri Nov 10 22:51:21 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am attempting to add a few methods (ie. matching_bands_list) to the
fpc map class but I am having a hard time inheriting the class properly.

My first attempt was to inherit the "Bio::Map::Physical" class but the
"next_map" package is not found.
So I tried inheriting "Bio::MapIO" instead, and get a cannot find
"matching_bands_list" via package "Bio::Map::Physical"
The only way I can get it to work is with no inheritance and passing the
map class variable to the function, but this isn't very elegant.  Is
there a correct way to inherit these classes that will allow me to
execute this properly?

keith