[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::GFF and feature order

Andrew Stewart stewarta at nmrc.navy.mil
Thu Nov 2 20:26:08 UTC 2006

In attempting to determine some statistics on the distances between
CDS features in my Bio::DB::GFF database, I ran a query on all CDS
features as follows...

my @CDS = $segment->features('CDS');

...only to find that the features returned are not in order.  Is
there a way of returning the features in order or sorting them
through some internal Bio::DB::GFF related method, aside from the
more obvious  path of sorting through the array itself (somehow)?

-A

--
Andrew Stewart
Research Assistant, Genomics Team