[Bioperl-l] New functions for SimpleAlign.pm

Hongyu Zhang forward at hongyu.org
Wed May 31 18:03:46 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I am a new member in this mailing list. Nice to be here.

I wrote two more functions for the alignment module SimpleAlign.pm
that calculate the percentage of identity based on the shortest and
longest sequence length, respectively. I also found an error in the
no_residues() function that calculate the number of residues in the
alignment.

I am wondering whether they can be added to the official bioperl
package. I've contacted the original author of this module, Heikki
Lehvaslaiho, a couple of weeks ago, but haven't heard from him yet.

Thanks.

--
Hongyu Zhang, Ph.D.
Computational biologist