[Bioperl-l] Bio::Restriction::IO changes

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue May 30 16:34:18 UTC 2006

Jason, Brian, et al:

I have made changes to the Bio::Restriction::IO POD to remove any reference
to write functions since almost none have been implemented yet, so including
this into POD is a bit misleading.  At the moment, you can't write to any
REBASE format except for 'base', which I found is the only one that works.
And, upon further checking, even that one has issues: it looks like there
are problems with multicut/multisite enzymes when writing in 'base' format
which I'm not delving into ('TaqII' only displays one site when writing when
it has two cut sites).  I'll add this to the wiki and a bug report
(enhancement) for this module.

I am also removing mention of XML and 'bairoch' formats (the former isn't
present and the latter is broken at the moment) and added a few things to
the POD TO DO section.

Rob (if you're out there somewhere in the ether), have you made any more
changes to these modules that need to be committed?  Didn't know if any of
these issues have already been addressed/changed etc.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign