[Bioperl-l] problems iwth Bio::graphics module

Brian Osborne osborne1 at optonline.net
Wed May 24 14:33:16 UTC 2006

Li,

The Graphics HOWTO talks about this Windows workaround in _four_ different
places, it's impossible to miss if you read it from start to finish. This is
what one should do if one wants to use these modules and one is a novice.
Example:

Important! Remember that if you are on a Windows platform, you need to put
STDOUT into binary mode so that the PNG file does not go through Window's
carriage return/linefeed transformations. Before the final print statement,
write binmode(STDOUT).

Brian O.