[Bioperl-l] problems iwth Bio::graphics module

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Tue May 23 14:06:27 UTC 2006

Hi,

It is possible that your version of display can't handle PNG images. Try
saving the output as a file and then opening it in another image program:

	perl render_blast1.pl data1.txt > data1.png

Another thing to watch out for is that, depending on what version of Perl
you're using, you may have to insert this statement into the render_blast1.pl
script (somewhere near the top):

	binmode STDOUT;

Lincoln

On Saturday 20 May 2006 20:15, chen li wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I try one script from GraphicsHowTo under Cygwin
> environment(GD and libpng already installed). I type
> this line in Cygwin X window:
>

> $ perl render_blast1.pl data1.txt | display -
>
> And here is the result:
>
> display: no decode delegate for this image format
> `/tmp/magick-qKiRPDRS'.
>
> Any idea?
>

> Thank you very much,
>
> Li