[Bioperl-l] writing a pairwise alignment module: XS and Inline C?

Adam Kraut adamnkraut at gmail.com
Fri May 19 15:04:01 UTC 2006

The program generates an ensemble of weighted suboptimal alignments by use
of a partition function and stochastic backtracking.  The algorithm is quite
novel and it's really only part of a larger multi-scale comparative modeling
project. There documentation is here:

http://www.tbi.univie.ac.at/~ulim/probA/probA_lib.html

While I think this would be useful to the bioperl community if it were fully
abstracted/extended, I would at the least like to be able to pass in any two
sequences and get back SimpleAlign objects for our internal uses first.  I
have a good idea on how to get started.  I will be sure to post when I get
into trouble.