[Bioperl-l] colorize features

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at DEVGEN.com
Tue May 9 14:13:24 UTC 2006

Yes, instead of giving a hardcoded color value you can pass a subroutine
to the option.
-bgcolor => sub {
    my $feat = shift;
    # get your attribute on which you want to base your color
    my ($attr) = $feat->get_tag_values('my_attribute');

    return $attr > 10 ? 'red' : 'green'
}

Not sure about the method calls I am making here (could as well be
get_attributes()) but you get the idea.
Cheers,
Marc