[Bioperl-l] about the frame and strand of a blastx report

Li Xiao nuclearn at gmail.com
Wed May 3 06:05:42 UTC 2006

Hi, anybody,

    I am working to parse a blastx report by using BioPerl modules
(Bio::SearchIO).
The blastx result was created by NCBI-BLAST. How i can obtain the strand ( +
or -)
of query sequence against the hited protein? I tried to use the strand
function, but
nothing were reported. And i used the frame funtion, the result usually
display 0,1,2,
so, the result can not give any information about the query strand( + o r-
).
  How i obtain the strand of a query squence?
Li Xiao
Sichuan Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
College of Life Science, Sichuan University
Chengdu, SiChuan, P.R.China
TEL:86-28-85470083 FAX:86-28-85412738
E-MAIL: nuclearn at gmail.com