[Bioperl-l] Bug: swiss.pm doesn't parse seq_version

Michael Rogoff miker at biotiquesystems.com
Tue May 23 01:51:10 UTC 2006

I have a patch that seems to work but I'm not familiar with the proper method to
"provide" it.  How do I go about that?

The patch is pretty simple, it just parses the sequence version out of the date
line where it now hides:

         #date
         elsif( /^DT\s+(.*)/ ) {
           my $date = $1;
+
+          if ($date =~ /sequence version (\d+)/i) {
+              $params{'-seq_version'} ||= $1;
+
           $date =~ s/\;//;
           $date =~ s/\s+$//;
           push @{$params{'-dates'}}, $date;
         }

By the way, what is the difference between Bio::Seq::version and