[Bioperl-l] possible bug printing GenBank feature qualfiers

Scott Markel smarkel at scitegic.com
Fri Mar 31 19:17:19 UTC 2006

Hilmar,

Thanks for the detailed reply.  The dynamic features we create
are added using Bio::SeqFeature::Generic.

I'm happy to use any of your suggestions.  If the overload
statement in Bio::Annotation::SimpleValue could be changed
in the repository, that's probably the cleanest solution from
my point of view.  The GenBank format writer is just an
instance of SimpleValue's use.

Since I don't use bioperl-live in our product environment, I
typically handle issues like this either in our code or try
to be as faithful as I can to the direction bioperl-live is
heading.  In the latter case, I usually make the same change(s)
in our copy of the released version.

Scott

--
Scott Markel, Ph.D.
Principal Bioinformatics Architect  email:  smarkel at scitegic.com
SciTegic Inc.                       mobile: +1 858 205 3653
9665 Chesapeake Drive, Suite 401    voice:  +1 858 279 8800, ext. 253
San Diego, CA 92123                 fax:    +1 858 279 8804
USA                                 web:    http://www.scitegic.com