[Bioperl-l] Bio::Registry & Bio::DB::Flat

Mike Muratet muratem at eng.uah.edu
Tue Mar 21 22:03:30 UTC 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Brian Osborne wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Are you sure that the "location" and "dbname" are right? Usually these will
> be different - from the OBDA HOWTO:
>
> Once the flat database is created you can configure your seqdatabase.ini
> file. Let's say that you have used the bioflat_index.pl script to create
> the flat database and a new directory called ppp has been created in your
> /home/sally/bioinf/ directory (and the ppp/ directory contains the
> config.dat file).
>
> This refers to this Registry entry:
>
> protocol=flat
> location=/home/sally/bioinf
> dbname=ppp
>
> Perhaps the location should be "/opt/muratet"? You may have to change
> OBDA_LOCATION as well.
>
> Brian O.

Brian

Thanks, I think I've got it sorted out now. I changed things around to
be closer to the situation in the
HOWTO. I changed the root to /opt/mmuratet and the dbname to harry. I
reran bp_bioflatindex.pl with the new parameters and changed
seqdatabase.ini to:

VERSION=1.00

[fungal_genomes]
protocol=flat
location=/opt/mmuratet
dbname=harry

It created a new directory, harry, under the root /opt/mmuratet which has
the appropriate entries. I set OBDA_LOCATION=/opt/mmuratet. Then I changed
the command,

bp_biogetseq.pl --dbname fungal_genomes etc etc

and it works.

Thanks for the help.

Mike