[Bioperl-l] Hi! everyone

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 21 16:35:03 UTC 2006

Please respond to the list as well so that anyone following this thread
might find a resolution to this issue.

In short, yes, update to the newest version of bioperl (1.5.1).  Although it
is a developer version many changes have been added (including critical ones
to SearchIO, RemoteBlast, and SeqIO).  I believe that bioperl 1.4 is about
two years old now; I'm not sure when the push will begin for the next stable
release.  Anyway, try v 1.5.1 first since it should be more stable than a
CVS bleeding edge version.  If that doesn't help try installing from CVS.

BTW, haven't tried this script on OS X yet with the latest CVS.  We have a
bit of a snowstorm slowing us down up here.  Should be able to get to that
tonight or tomorrow.

Chris

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab