[Bioperl-l] Bio::TreeIO functions

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Tue Mar 7 15:21:17 UTC 2006

If you'd like some of those options off in the NEXUS trees just say
so they are easily customizable to make write_tree - since there are
so many flavors.  I only used the protml bootstrap flavor output by
default because that was what I needed in nexus, but the newick
writer is customized so that you can request where you want the
bootstrap values ( removing the need for your s/\[\d+?\]//g;
pattern).   This is pretty easy bit to add to the nexus writer as I
would imagine it is preferrable to having to hack the output again
when you get it out of the scripts.

I just use newick for treeview and I've never had a problem so I am
confused what is causing the problems - I guess we'll just wait for
bugs to be submitted to bugzilla.

-jason