[Bioperl-l] Bio::TreeIO functions

Lucia Peixoto luciap at sas.upenn.edu
Mon Mar 6 20:43:30 UTC 2006

Hi
I am trying to colapse nodes bellow a certain bootstrap cutoff value, so I just
work only with the most confident nodes on my trees.
After getting the nodes bellow my cutoff (70, and with newick format the
bootstrap value is actually the _creation_id), I though that if I just call
$tree->remove_Node($node) I will just get rid of the nodes and update the
ancestor relationships within the tree, however when I call it it actually
deletes those nodes and all its children.
Anyone has any idea how can I just delete certain nodes so that the children are
preserved and the relationships are collpased to polytomies on the confident
nodes?

thanks

Lucia Peixoto
Department of Biology,SAS