[Bioperl-l] Bio::SearchIO::hmmer hsp behaviour

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Fri Jun 30 14:05:01 UTC 2006

I understand the confusion and it was the intention of having HSPs
grouped together under the same Hit initialy just like BLAST reports
- but somehow in the bug-fix-cycle the way to deal with the fact that
"HSPs" aren't ordered by the overall Hit table led to this design
decision - the problem before was something with the ordering, but I
must admit to not being able to remember what specifically was the
problem t I can't really remember why I changed things to do this.
Does 1.4 actually do it the way you expect?

Again, more user feedback is definitely critical to make these tools
useful to everyone so please don't bashful about reporting your
preferences.

-j