[Bioperl-l] Bio::*Taxonomy* changes

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 25 05:53:33 UTC 2006

So do we intend on having everyone who installs bioperl have a local
copy of the taxonomy dumpfile?  Or perform a remote lookup via
Entrez?  Seems a bit extreme.

I would like the option of not having the lookup run; as I mentioned
to Sendu, one of the biggest complaints about bioperl is speed.
Additional lookups won't help on that end.

Chris