[Bioperl-l] Blast Output Parsing

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 20 17:31:42 UTC 2006

Grab the HSPs, then use get_aln() to generate a Bio::SimpleAlign object.
You can then use Bio::AlignIO to generate the alignment output if needed, or
use the Bio::SimpleAlign methods to get what you want.

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:Beginners

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:SearchIO

http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-current/bioperl-live/Bio/SimpleAlign
.html