[Bioperl-l] remoteBlast problem

Dongsheng Che dsche at uga.edu
Thu Jul 13 18:55:03 UTC 2006

To whom it may concern:

I'm trying to do blast search remotely, so I downloaded bioperl-1.5, and followed the installation procedure, ie, perl Makefile.PL, make, make test. make install. I know there are some installation failure during the installation.

Since my main purpose is to get remoteBlast worked, I don't want bother to figure out all failures. but I run remote Blast, it gave me some erorrs from examples (bptutorial).
Beginning run_remoteblast example...
Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at bptutorial.pl line 3303.

**Warning**: Couldn't connect to NCBI with Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast.pm!
Probably no network access.
Skipping Test

I wondering what cause the problem.

Thanks in advance!