[Bioperl-l] formatdb with the nr database

Scott Markel smarkel at scitegic.com
Tue Jan 24 22:09:57 UTC 2006

Hubert,

Since you can't run blastall on the command line, your initial
problem has nothing to do with BioPerl.  Once you get blastall
working on the command line, you'll know what directories and
environment variable settings to use when running via BioPerl.

What happens when you run the following?

   file /home/Hubert/blast/blast-2.2.13/bin/blastall

Is the executable the correct one for your operating system?

Scott