[Bioperl-l] formatdb with the nr database

Hubert Prielinger hubert.prielinger at gmx.at
Mon Jan 23 23:08:51 UTC 2006

Hi,
thank you very much for the help, another questions that raises up, do I
have to write the path to the database files as well, I guess so, but
how I do that, the same way I write the path to teh blast bin files?
Does anybody know how to set the Composition based statistics parameter?
there is my code:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast;
use Bio::Seq;
use Bio::SeqIO;
use strict;

BEGIN
{
    $ENV{PATH}=":/home/Hubert/blast/blast-2.2.13/bin/:";
}

# parameters
my $expect_value = 20000;
#my $filter_query_sequence = 'F';
my $one_line_description = 1000;
my $alignments = 1000;
# my $strands = 1;
my $count = 1;

my @params = ('program' => 'blastp', 'database' => 'nr');
#my $progress_interval = 100;

my $seqio_obj = Bio::SeqIO->new(
  -file   => "Perm.txt",
  -format => "raw",
);

# create factory object and set parameters
my $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast->new(@params);

$factory->e($expect_value);
#$factory->F($filter_query_sequence);
$factory->v($one_line_description);
$factory->b($alignments);
#$factory->S($strands);

# get query

while ( my $query = $seqio_obj->next_seq ) {
      my $blast_report = $factory->blastall($query);
      my $filename = "comp_$count.txt";
      my $factory->outfile($filename);
      print $query->seq;
      print "\n";