[Bioperl-l] error running load_seqdatabase.pl

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Fri Jan 13 11:41:23 EST 2006

On Jan 13, 2006, at 8:06 AM, Chris Fields wrote:

> [...]
> I think we really should probably give credit to Baohua Wang for
> noting the
> change in throw.

Yes, absolutely, smart guy. You get credit for persistence and digging
it up again 9 months later :-)

>   If it pans out, this may be what is responsible for error
> messages popping up every once in a while with bioperl scripts.  There
> is
> one thing of note:  Steve mentions that Error.pm should be present:

'Could', not 'should'. The toolkit needs to work in the absence of
Error.pm too (and does on most platforms; e.g., I don't have it
installed).

It may turn out though that the missing comma is silent on most (all?)
non-Windows platforms or if Error.pm is installed, and therefore wasn't
noticed by most people.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org