[Bioperl-l] error running load_seqdatabase.pl

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 11 16:26:18 EST 2006

Hilmar,

As an update on what's going on:

I've run into a few problems with load_seqdatabase.pl and bioperl-db on
cygwin which I'll try to hash through this week; I'll post if I can't figure
it out soon.  It's not as buggy as trying to run it using the latest
ActivePerl on WinXP, but it still has issues.

I'm also looking through the ActiveState documentation for the latest
version of perl they have (5.8.7), which I am running.  AFAIK, they enable
dynamic loading when building.  I'll send them an email directly to see what
they say.  There may be some Win32-specific way of configuring a script for
dynamic loading of perl modules which isn't needed in other environments.

There was also this previous email on bioperl-l:

http://portal.open-bio.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2005-May/018937.html

Baohua Wang seemed to narrow it down somewhat, but I'm not sure if changing
the modules is a solution until I figure out why he made the changes.  They
seem mainly geared towards getting load_seqdatabase to work with MsSQL, but
if he got it to work on Windows, then he may be onto something.  The
modified Bio* modules can be found at:

ftp://ftp.tc.cornell.edu/Outgoing/bwang/BioSQL-On-Windows

I'll check them out to see if they work out and see what specific
modifications he made (they're not detailed).

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign