[Bioperl-l] loading yeast data failing...

Barry Moore bmoore at genetics.utah.edu
Tue Jan 3 22:46:37 EST 2006

Angshu-

Have you not been listening to anything that has been written to you on
this list.  The Bioperl community has been amazingly patient with your
questions over the last several months, and many have told you time and
time again that you should think before you post. Less than an hour ago
Hilmar and I both suggested ways that you could try to solve your own
problem, and now you are back asking Hilmar to write code for you?
Unbelievable.  Asking Hilmar to write your code for you is VERY
UNACCEPTABLE!!!  If you need to have someone write your code for you or
tutor you in the basics of Perl and Linux (and I think you do) then you
need to hire them.  I can recommend some skilled contract programmers if
you need to hire one.  This list welcomes beginners, but you are
expected to put forth some effort at trying to solve problems yourself
first.  Your brazen disregard for the etiquette of open source mailing
lists suggests to me that you should not trouble the Bioperl community
with further questions until you have at least a basic command of Perl
and Linux and a willingness to try things yourself first.  Get a copy of
Programming Perl and read it!  Get a copy of Object Oriented Perl and
read it!  Get a copy of any Linux manual and read it!  And most
important of all, just write code and try it - you won't break the
computer!

Barry

--format=fasta
> > > --driver=Pg --pipeline="SeqProcessor::Accession" yeast_nrpep.fasta
> > >
> > > The error:

> > > MSG: insert in Bio::DB::BioSQL::SeqAdaptor (driver) failed, values
> were

("gi|4261605|gb|AAD13905.1|S58126_11111111111111","gi|4261605|gb|AAD1390
5.

1|S58126_11111111111111","gi|4261605|gb|AAD13905.1|S58126_11111111111111
",