[Bioperl-l] Problems with EMBL entries and fasta IDs?

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 12:20:56 UTC 2006

Hi

I'm using bioperl-1.4.  I did do a google search fro this but couldn't
find anything.  If this is fixed in 1.5.2 then forgive me.

I'm getting a warning:

MSG: No whitespace allowed in FASTA ID [unknown id]

When trying to convert from EMBL format to fasta.  The offending
sequence is CK234114:

ID   CK234114; SV 1; linear; mRNA; EST; VRT; 244 BP.
XX
AC   CK234114;
XX
DT   03-MAR-2004 (Rel. 79, Created)
DT   03-MAR-2004 (Rel. 79, Last updated, Version 1)
XX
DE   SB010002000A01 JUWNL1 Normalized Zebra Finch Juvenile Telencephalon
cDNA
DE   Library SB01 Taeniopygia guttata cDNA clone SB010002000A01 5', mRNA
DE   sequence.
Etc

Any advice?

Mick

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally
privileged and is intended solely for the addressee. If you have
received this message in error please delete it & notify the originator
immediately.
Unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
forbidden & may be unlawful.
The contents of this e-mail are the views of the sender and do not
necessarily represent the views of the Institute.
This email and associated attachments has been checked locally for
viruses but we can accept no responsibility once it has left our
systems.
Communications on Institute computers are monitored to secure the
effective operation of the systems and for other lawful purposes.