[Bioperl-l] Bio::SeqFeature::Annotated and mandatory type checking

Matthew Vaughn vaughn at cshl.edu
Thu Dec 14 19:09:34 UTC 2006

Dear all,

I'm trying to bring some of my code into compliance with the BioPerl
1.5.2 and am running into some design decisions that I am unclear on.
Can I ask why Bio::SeqFeature::Annotated enforces mandatory checking
of the 'type' against SOFA? It seems to me that this should be
optional behavior as is the case with the Bio::FeatureIO family. I'd
be happy to write the patch if there is any agreement with me on this
case.

Thanks,

Matt

--