[Bioperl-l] Error with supplied lineages importing uniprot data

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 1 19:52:13 UTC 2006

> > Okay, just updated to get your latest CVS fixes for
> bioperl-live and
> > it passes now for both Mac OS X and WinXP.
>
> Can you confirm if it is actually working correctly though?
> Like, having stored a previously-problem sequence, can you
> get it back out from the database and is its ->species() correct?

I would assume so, if we can trust the species tests.  I will have to try it
again over the weekend.  I planned on loading a ton of protein sequences in
anyway, most of which are bacterial; if anything breaks it will probably be
with those.

I think Jason and Hilmar were going to get together about the BioSQL paper
at the hackathon.  That may be a good place to bring some of the species
issues, if they persist.